Spaghetti Squash Pizza Recipe
3 cups spaghetti squash, cooked
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 egg, beaten
3 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon crush red pepper
1/2 cup leeks, sliced
1 large shallot, sliced
½ pound mushrooms, sliced
Salt and pepper
2 sprigs parsley, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Using a sharp knife, cut spaghetti squash in half with a large. Clean inside seeds and flesh with a spoon. Drizzle 1-tablespoon olive oil. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Place spaghetti squash, cut side down, on an aluminum-lined baking sheet and roast until tender, about 45-60 minutes. Cool and remove flesh with a fork.
3. Place 3 cups in a clean kitchen towel, or several layers of paper towels. Squeeze out as much moisture as possible. The drier the squash, the crispier the crust can get.
4. Mix squash, egg, Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper and season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Press squash in a thin, even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and form into rectangle or circle.
5. Bake at 400°F for approximately 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully flip, and cook for another 10 minutes.
6. In a heated sauté pan, add oil, garlic, leeks, shallot and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Sautee for 5 minutes, till tender.
7. Add sautéed vegetables to the crust. Crack an egg on top. Bake for another 10 minutes.
8. Garnish with parsley